This guidance is on the steps Lakeland Dairies milk suppliers should take to reduce the chances of picking up or spreading any virus but most especially in the present climate Covid 19 Coronavirus.
It should be said at the outset that currently the chances of catching this virus is low but it is an evolving situation.
Farmers should take the following precautions / preparations:
- Focus on following normal hygiene protocols advised by the HSE / NHS
- Where possible make hand sanitiser available for lorry drivers
- Avoid close contact with tanker drivers. Maintain a distance of two meters at all times.
- Contact your local milk advisor if someone on the farm / in the household has visited areas outside the Island especially Italy.
- Contact your local milk advisor if someone on the farm / in the household is suspected of having the virus or is undergoing tests. (note; This will be treated in the strictest confidence)
- Leave samples at designated areas on Lakeland Daires sites for testing, contact your Member Relations / Milk Advisor for information on each site.
- Contact Member Relations / Milk Advisor where possible instead of coming on site.
- The most effective way of preventing this virus is the practice of good hand hygiene, see diagram overleaf
- If you are concerned that anyone in the household has Covid-19 coronavirus contact your doctor or in ROI phone 1850241850, 112 or 999; in the UK phone 111.
- Do not visit your local surgery or A&E