Grass Seed Mixtures
LFS CUT & GRAZE
|2.25 kgs||Astonenergy (T)|
|2.25 kgs||Glenfield (T)|
|0.75kg||Crusader & Chieftan White Clover Blend|
- Formulated to maximize yield, quality and persistency when used in one or two cut silage systems.
- The LFS Cut and Graze will also provide a high-quality sward when used for grazing.
- Contains Astonenergy, which hold a 5-star rating for grazing in the Teagasc Grass Utilisation Trials.
- Target a late May first cut to deliver a rapid regrowth of good leafy swards which will facilitate high quality grazing or second cut silage production.
- Exceptional mix for flexible use, also suitable for zero grazing production systems.
- Average ground cover score of 6.06.
LFS HIGH DENSITY
|3.0 kgs||Nashota (T)|
|2.0 kgs||Xenon (T)|
|0.75 kg||Coolfin White Clover|
- Combines excellent seasonal growth with very good scores for quality.
- The inclusion of the variety Nashota makes this mix perfect for one cut silage followed by grazing.
- The mixture also includes the later heading tetraploid variety Xenon that has a 5-star rating in the Teagasc Grass Utilisation Trials.
- It delivers a dense sward of highly digestible grasses suitable for heavier soils.
- A super all-round mis of persistent and high yielding varieties.
- Average ground cover score of 6.20.
LFS INTENSIVE GRAZING
|2.0 kgs||Abergain (T)|
|2.0 kgs||Ballintoy (T)|
|0.75 kg||Aberhearld White Clover|
- This mixture includes the highest PPI scoring late tetraploid, Abergain and late diploid, Aberchoice on the DAFM Recommended list 2022.
- It delivers a highly digestible sward with excellent graze outs, with Abergain and Ballintoy achieving a 4-star rating, and Aberchoice and Aberbann achieving a 3-star rating in the Teagasc Grass Utilisation Trials.
- This intensive grazing mixture will deliver excellent growth and high-quality grass not only in the main growing season, but also at the shoulders of the year, facilitating extended days at grass in free draining soils.
- Average ground cover score of 5.85.
LFS THREE-CUT SILAGE
|4.20 kgs||Fintona (T)|
|0.60 kg||Barblanca White Clover|
- This mixture is ideal for minimum three cut silage regime.
- It is a perfect formulation to maximise yield and quality in a multi-cut silage system.
- Suitable when targeting first cut silage between the 10th and 15th of May.
- Average ground cover score of 5.87.
RECOMMENDED LIST INTERMEDIATE AND LATE PERENNIAL RYEGRASS VARIETIES 2022
When choosing a grass seed mixture suitable for Grazing in 2022, varieties with strong PPI values and high intake characteristics are essential to maximise the return on your investment. Choosing varieties with positive values for quality will help ensure a palatable mixture when used in grazing swards, which will support higher animal intakes and animal performance.
When choosing a grass seed mixture suitable for silage it is important to differentiate between a mixture designed for Intensive silage (3 Cuts +) versus a mixture that is designed for Cutting and Grazing i.e. dual purpose.
For more information, please contact your Lakeland Agri Technical Sales Representative or our Customer Services Centre on 0818 47 47 20 (ROI) or 028 3026 2311(NI).